Scout ProgramsGirl ScoutsCub ScoutsRegistrationNature ClubsAboutRegistrationOutreach ProgramsSchoolSummerAquaponics at Riverbend
Girl Scouts of the USA stress the development of important qualities including leadership, strong values and social conscience. Riverbend's Girl Scout programs combine an array of fun hands-on activities to help them add environmental awareness to the list.
Our programs are geared toward helping your Brownies have a positive experience in nature. You can choose from Badge Try-It's, Campfire Socials, Big Red Barn Overnights, Night Hikes and Service Days. Whether it's through making a s'more for the first time or catching a frog at our pond, your Brownies will experience the delight of being outside!
Senses: Discover the natural world as we touch, taste, smell, hear and see the wonders that are all around us.
- Hiker: Get ready, get set, now hike! Learn about trail safety and so much more as we hike the trails of Riverbend.
- Household Elf: Learn how to be “green”, from recycling to planet friendly cleaning products to saving energy.
- Bugs: Let’s explore Riverbend’s many habitats as we learn about bugs, the good, the bad, and the not so cute.
Confidence-building through exploration is a part of being a Junior Girl Scout. Riverbend's badge programs will help Juniors develop their knowledge of the outdoors through wildlife study & identification, outdoor exploration and nature crafts.
- Animal Habitats: Explore Riverbend as we learn about local wildlife and what they need to survive in their habitat.
- Detective: From following tracks and prints to asking the right questions, follow the clues to solve the natural mystery.
- Flowers: Explore the wonders and benefits of flowers and create your own flowery work of art to take home..
Night Owl: Nature is very different at night; explore what animals and people are doing when the sun goes down.
- Trees: From the top of their branches to tips of their roots, trees help us in so many ways. Let’s explore some local trees and find out why they are so important.
Girl Scout Programs
- Night Hike & Campfire Social
Riverbend staff will lead your scouts in a safe and educational night hike that may include wildlife observation and sensory experiences. Afterward, you can lead your group in skits, storytelling and songs while toasting marshmallows over the fire.
- Big Red Barn Overnight
Come spend the night in our fully refurbished 1923 Snider Barn! Your troop can enjoy roasting marshmallows outside around a campfire, and can opt to participate in a night hike badge work. For the especially adventurous, we also offer the option of tent-camping in our
** Riverbend does not provide food or camping equipment
Our Service Day option offers troops the opportunity to give back to nature. Plantings, vine removal and trail maintenance are a few ways you and your scouts can help pitch in our ongoing preservation effort.
Costs listed are for groups up to 20 scouts.
- Badge Programs: $100
- Night Hike & Campfire: $150
- Big Red Barn Overnight: $350
- Overnight & Badge work: $400
- Overnight, Badge work
& Night hike: $450
You may sign up by using our Online Registration Form
Summer Volunteer Opportunities for Teens!
Riverbend has two wonderful summer programs for teens to be outside and making a difference. Click here to learn more.
Riverbend Celebrates Community Pavilion Unveiling Tuesday, May 17
Riverbend celebrates the unveiling of a substantial new pavilion on Tuesday, May 17th at 5:30 PM. Set near the top of Riverbend’s 30-acre preserve, the 400-square-foot pavilion, designed by architect Roderick Wolfson, features scenic views and eco-...
Directions & Info
View maps & get directions to Riverbend. click here
By Phone: 610.527.5234